Saturday, March 22, 2014

New Handmade Cards

Last weekend I attended a baby shower and a wedding shower.  My brother is expecting a baby and my step-brother is getting married.  Fun times in the family!  Of course I made cards to go along with my gifts for each shower.

Here is the baby shower card I made.  I used my cricut to cut out the onsie shape.  I merged together the same shape with one upside down so that the onsie would open.  Then I mounted it on a cardstock base embellished with washi tape and ink.  It was simple yet cute.  I also used my envelope punch board to make a matching envelope out of patterened paper.
Here is the card I made for the wedding shower.  I used my cricut again to cut out a scalloped circle as the base for my wedding dress skirt and a heart as the top of the wedding dress.  I also cut out the "Congratulations" using the Calligraphy Collection cartridge.  I used a peacock feather patterned paper because peacocks are their wedding color scheme and theme.

I also made a card to encourage my friend Jodie who is a full time missionary in Tijuana, Mexico.  She works with children at risk and survivors of human trafficking.  She spreads the words, love and encouragement of God.  You can check out her blog and learn more about her missionary here.

I really loved this little card.  It was one of the first things I made using the Texture Boutique I got for Christmas.  Birds are a favorite "symbol" of mine to work with.  They signify so much in terms of freedom and soaring to reach goals.  I hope she enjoyed the card and felt the love coming to her from my craft room and heart. 



No comments:

Post a Comment