Monday, March 31, 2014

March Reads

I have enjoyed blogging about what I read each month.  I think it will be neat to look back on at the end of the year and see all the books I read and think about each one.  Sometimes I cannot remember the details very well once I move on to a new book, but I can usually recall how I felt reading a book.  Anyway, this month starts with another book I snagged as a Kindle freebie...

If Naturopaths are "Quacks"...Then I Guess I'm A Duck: Confessions of a Naturopath by Shauna K. Young.  I have been reading a lot about food, health and alternative medicine this year.  After having thyroid cancer and surgery to remove my thyroid last year, I started to rethink some of the things that I put in and on my body.  So, when this book popped up as a freebie one day it piqued my interest.  I really enjoyed the writer's humor, her description of typical types of patients has me laughing.
The other book I read this month was The Magpies by Mark Edwards.  It was a $1.99 special even though it was just published last Fall.  I enjoyed the writing and the characters.  I also liked that it was written from the point of view of Brits.  I had to Google a few things I wasn't familiar with, like Gretna Green, in order to fully understand the story, but that is just a good opportunity to learn about something new.  Even though it was a bit creepy, I will read the next book coming out by this author later this year.
What are you reading or have finished recently?

No comments:

Post a Comment