Sunday, February 9, 2014

You Win Some, You Lose Some...

That's how it seems to go in life and in my kitchen.  I try a lot of recipes I fond online. Some are great and become regulars in our dinner menu and others are losers.  Here we have a few recently tried recipes that were losers...

 I thought this was ok, not fabulous, but good, and Andrew did not like it.

I did not enjoy the texture of these muffins.  It was too spongey in my opinion.  I am not used to baking with coconut flour, so maybe that is something that I just have to get used to.  I did feel like they would have been better if I had diced up the blackberries and distributed them throughout the batter.  I put them in the fridge and Andrew ate most of them in a few days as snacks, so at least they didn't go to waste.


These were too dry and boring. We ate them, but I would not make them again.

And now for the WINNER of the week...


This recipe called for roasted coconut chips, which required a trip to Trader Joes.  You would think that would take points off because Trader Joes is not near my house at all.  I had to make a special trip over there and that is a PITA.  However, I loved those coconut chips, they are very tasty and they make this recipe flavorful.  The chicken was juicy and the coconut flavor was just the right intensity.  I really enjoyed it and will plan my side dishes better next time to go with the coconut flavor.

2 comments:

  1. Sad to know the potatoes were boring, because they look GREAT! Love this blog post, today, Andrea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mimi! I was disappointed in the potatoes too, cause I love good potatoes.

      Delete