Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Pumpkin, Valentines & a B-Day Card

On Sunday I tried this recipe for Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies.  I printed it out a while back, like in the Fall when I want to eat all things pumpkin flavored, but never got around to it.  So, yesterday when I had a sweet tooth I decided I would give it a try.  I am so glad I did because these cookies are tasty.  They have that pumpkin bread/muffin texture to them and the chocolate flavor mixes in nicely.  They will be added to my recipe book and made over and over again.


A couple weeks ago on one of Aiden's many snow days from school we made his Valentine's.  He will pass them out this Friday to all the students in his class.  We went with a simple printable with a Hershey kiss attached with a glue dot.  He enjoyed using my big paper cutter to cut them out.
We also made a special Valentine for his teacher.  I saw this idea on Pinterest, but they used Rolos inside the dynamite.  His teacher has diet restrictions so we went with dry erase markers instead.  Aiden is a very thoughtful guy and he remembered that she could use some more markers for her white board.  He also said she likes dark chocolate, but one Valentine seemed like plenty to me.
My sister's birthday was this past Sunday.  I think she turned 30.  Yikes!  That means I am old!  Anyway, here's the card I made and mailed to her.  I really liked the color combination and the rounded corners at the bottom of the card.  I just bought that teal and black twine at my last crop at Archivers.  I am so sad they will be closing their stores in a few days.

Anyway, it's been a good mix of crafts and kitchen experiments/recipes here lately.  It is good to do things I enjoy and a good way to keep my mind busy and focused on positive things like creating little things for others and feeding my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment