Saturday, February 16, 2013

Crafty Decor For My Craft Room

Last year I decided it was time to spruce up my craft room.  I am beyond lucky to have this little space in our basement.  A whole room with a door.  It is my own little hide out.  When I first decided it would be my craft room I had my husband paint it purple, he calls it plum crazy purple, but I still like the color 7 years later.  It has an old desk I rescued from a neighbors curb, an old cabinet we had in our kitchen at our last house and a hodge podge of other storage units.  It's not exactly Pottery Barn in there, but it works for me.

I took down all the preschool coloring pages and crafts my son had made and taped to my walls and created a few things to hang.

First up were these little gems made with scrapbook paper, free printables from online, ribbon, twine, buttons and a paper flower.  I used that blue tacky poster hanging stuff to stick them to the wall, they are just light enough to be held up by it.

Next was this little sign made with scrapbook paper, letters cut on the Cricut, another clear acrylic frame and some thick black satin ribbon.  I love that "Keep Calm And Carry On" saying and variations of it.  I knew I wanted to use it for my craft room and this was perfect.

These items flank the peg board my husband installed above my desk last year.  It feels so much more like "me" in there with just these few simple items.

-Andrea


No comments:

Post a Comment