Friday, July 5, 2013

Build Your Own Fort Kit

Once again I was inspired by something I pinned on Pinterest (here).  I saw this idea for a fort kit for boys.  I thought it would be a great gift for my friend's son's fourth birthday.  I picked up a blue sheet from Walmart, a non-woven drawstring backpack from Michaels, glow sticks from Michaels, and clothespins, rope, and a flashlight from the Dollar Tree.

I used felt to cut out the birthday boy's initial and some baker's twine (I think Martha Stewart brand) to hand sew it onto the bag.  I made a cute little tag with some scrapbook paper and my computer and stitched that on as well.  I loaded all the items into the bag and ta da...fort kit.  I know my son would love this!



1 comment:

  1. I am totally making this for my best friend's son. He is turning four this month! He will love this. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete